Colon said he was thankful for pulling out the AirPod as soon as he did, and is concerned it might happen to other AirPod owners.
Jason Colon rolled the blackened Apple AirPod in his hand, still in disbelief that the wireless headphone had apparently blown apart moments after he removed it from his right ear. He took off the earphone and left it atop a piece of gym equipment to seek help and once he returned, the earphone had exploded and was charred. Colon told the TV station that "It was already popped".
Speaking to local news station News Channel Eight, he added: 'It's the craziest thing I ever went through. "I didn't see it happen but it was already fried". "But I'm sure since it hangs down, it could've been [my] ear lobe". An Apple spokeswoman tells 8 On Your Side that the company is investigating and will reach out to Colon.
US Olympic swimmer accuses coach of abuse
Kukors is alleging their relationship began when she was a minor, and was the result of predation and manipulation from Hutchison. Olympic medalist Margaret Hoelzer says she heard that coach Sean Hutchison was dating swimmer Ariana Kukors when Kukors was 21.
Jimmy Garoppolo: Signs long-term deal with San Francisco
As it now stands, the 49ers don't have a second round pick or a fourth round pick, but they do have three picks within the top 75. While we don't yet know how Garoppolo's contract breaks down, the Niners have well over $100 million in salary-cap space.
US Prosecutors Charge 36 Suspects in Global Cybercrime Ring
Actual losses-which hit a wide swath of financial institutions, merchants, and private individuals-totaled more than $530 million. Those arrested stand accused of multiple crimes including identity theft, bank fraud, wire fraud and money laundering.
Worth pointing out is that while the inherent incident is likely to raise serious questions about AirPod safety, it's only the first of such incidents to affect AirPods - and we now have no reason to believe there's a broader, software, hardware or technical-related issue afoot.
This isn't the first case of a popular product bursting into flames.