4 militants, trooper, policeman killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir gunfight


Inspector general of police (Kashmir range) S.P. Pani confirmed it and said that the slain militants are believed to be members of Jaish-e-Muhammad.

The operation had an ominous beginning for the forces as the initial exchange of fire claimed Ajay Kumar of the 42 Rashtriya Rifles and special operations group constable Lateef Gojri.

The fighting began early Tuesday when militants attacked raiding government forces with gunfire in a forest in the southern Tral area, police said. Kumar died at the army's 92-Base Hospital in Srinagar while Gojri succumbed on the way to hospital.

A report said that the militants managed to escape after the brief encounter.

Ulster Bank Says Transaction Glitch Is Fixed
The computer failure affected the entire Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) group, but Ulster Bank took longest to resolve the issue. They are asking affected customers to call 1850 424 365 (from overseas 00353 1 8047475) minicom - 0800 015 4422.

Watch Beyoncé and Solange Fall Onstage at Coachella
When she lifted 31-year-old Solange into the air, they both tumbled over on to the stage. Beyoncé made history last week as the first black woman to headline the iconic festival.

E. coli outbreak warning expands to all types of romaine lettuce
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging residents to throw out all romaine lettuce amid an E.coli outbreak. It is important to toss or refrain from eating the lettuce because lettuce labels do not often identify the source of origin.

Abid Ahmad of Khargund and Ishfaq Ahmad of Handoora were killed along with two non local militants in Lam forests of Tral.

The encounter site is hemmed by dense forests, and local and foreign militants use the area for hiding. A mopping up operation in the woods is underway, he said.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti has paid tributes to the two jawans of Army and Police who were killed during an operation at Tral today.

According to police officials, the gunfight triggered after contingents of police and army cordoned off the forest area on specific intelligence information suggesting presence of three militants.