Back in May, CBS announced that the comedy would return in January, leaving fans with a really bad case of alcohol withdrawal.
We bet Abed from Community could list up to a thousand reasons why Cougar Town should come back right now, but we came up with the 10:
- In a perfect world, every living soul would get wasted every single day without any repercussions, and it seems Jules and company have found this magical fairyland.
- When we watch this show we’re not expecting edge-of-your-seat cliffhangers, but we appreciated last year’s finale when Jules and Grayson reached a point in their relationship where hard decisions needed to be made. After all, we also need a touch of reality.
- Even though Josh Hopkins started off as Jules’s love interest, we have found him to be extremely funny, especially when he imitates Travis.
- Babs might only appear for 15 seconds, but in that small amount of time she says the most inappropriate and nasty things a person can say…in a good way.
- Stunt casting can be a really, really bad thing if done every other episode (Glee), but Cougar Town does it every once in a while and having Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow were nice surprises. Next? Why not bring David Swimmer for one episode and he and Courtney Cox can recreate “the routine”.
- On that note, we like that Jules is becoming a less-obnoxious version of Monica, who we loved for 10 years on Friends.
- Forget about Wii or football, why spend all that energy when you can play Penny Can? It’s just as fun and difficult without the sweat (except if you play Truth or Penny Can).
- Every cast member brings something to the table, but Christa Miller’s Ellie is arguably the funniest with her deadpan delivery and deadly Penny Can skills.
- It’s been two seasons and Ellie and Laurie still go at each other’s throats, and we hope that fight lasts until Cougar Town reaches 6 seasons and a movie.
- We already mentioned the alcohol consumption, but let’s not forget the drinking games. To this day, we’re still playing Movie Mashup.